Your vision is precious !
Regular eye examinations ensure that you have the best level of vision possible. They also reassure you that your eyes are healthy, and that if there are any underlying signs or symptoms of eye disease, your Optometrist will refer you for futher investigations and treatment. It is recommended that adults have their eyes examined by an Optometrist at least every 2 years.
Adults should have their sight test carried out more regularly if:
- You work at a VDU
- You are a driver (especially an occupational driver)
- You wear contact lenses
- You have had corrective eyesight procedures (laser surgery or cataract removal)
- You are on certain medications, eg. steroids.
- You enjoy sports, either competitively or just for fun!
Free eye examinations are provided to:
- Anyone being treated for Glaucoma
- People with family members who have Glaucoma (aged 40 and over)
- People who receive ESA, Income Support, Family Tax Credits and Pension Credits.
- Anyone aged 60 or over.